Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Stepping up with stones :)

These are some paperweights I made out of stones of different shapes. 


For the first one I took a triangular shaped stone that had a little tapering towards the front. I marked down 3/4 or the wider portion and applied glue. I then poured some brown rice on top of the glue to make it stick. You will need to wait for 2-3 hours for it to stick completely. Once it is dry enough to handle, glue down two "black eyed peas" (chowli) for the eyes and a black bean for the nose. Cute. Isn't it?

For the second one which is a beetle (I hope it does resemble one) I just painted randomly scattered circles with red acrylic paint on a circular stone. Since the stone was grey in color, I had to go on and brush it down with black color first. Let the first coat of color dry completely before painting the circles. Again glued the eyes and Voila! The third one is just a painting of random circular designs with leftover paint!

No comments:

Post a Comment